Thursday, December 20, 2007

Adventures in Shopping.

5 days left. It hit me last night that Christmas Day is TUESDAY! This is the last weekend before Christmas. It was kind of one of those Wham-Bam-Thank-you-Ma'am moments.

Looking at my list of things I still needed to do 12 days before Christmas and what I have to do now... I really got a lot done in the 2 days I had off!

I have decided that we will make cookies on Christmas Eve. It still looks like I will be working though I have no clue as to what time. But the store closes at 6 so I won't be working later than that.

Still no Christmas cards but like I said I don't think I'm doing them this year.

Tuesday night I took Stacey out and we got her a dress and Brandon an outfit. Wednesday I cut Stacey's hair and tried to get pictures. Tried being the key word. Stacey is really good about getting pictures done, Brandon on the other hand won't sit still for a second!

Wednesday afternoon we took the kids to see Santa.

Wednesday night my parents watched the kids and Nick and I went shopping. We got everything for the kids except for the one thing that I wanted to get for Stacey. So I dropped Nick off and we got the kids in bed asleep and I went back out. HA!

I drove to 3 different stores and they didn't have it, (That doesn't include the 2 that Nick and I had already gone to) So finally at almost 2am I decided to not drive but to call.

The very first store I called said that they had 1 left! I couldn't believe my luck, I was doing a happy dance the entire way there. I walked back and had to find someone and as soon as I said "Littlest Pet Shop" she knew what I was there for, so she went behind the counter and when she turned around...

She had the wrong play set!!!!! It was the only one that they had, its one I had looked at, but it wasn't the one I so desperately wanted to find.

They were out of that play set though so I went ahead and got it. By this time it was almost 3am and I was ready to go home. I guess I will have to look for the other one after Christmas.

When we got to the mall Santa was on a break and they were giving out buzzers like you get when you are waiting at a restauraunt. It was about 40 min before it was our turn, so we went walking the mall. Brandon fell asleep just before our beeper went off, and was so sound asleep he didn't even wake up when being handed off.

No comments: