Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Challenge

Setting Sun

A challenge was issued by a good friend of mine on Facebook, to take a picture of what made me happy today. I didn't get the message until later in the evening as I had been out all day running errands. So I had to think, what had made me happy that day???

I took my oldest daughter to school this morning and she is still adjusting, so it wasn't really easy to leave her. Then I went in to work for a little bit. I noticed on my way to work what a BEAUTIFUL day it was (I was REALLY wishing that I had the day to just go out and shoot.) I then spent the afternoon with my son, and youngest daughter. We picked Stacey up at 3, and went to visit some friends.

I had a very busy, but very happy, day. SO what to take a photo of? The kids? Too cliche. I was running out of time and options. Well I had one more errand to run, so I decided to take the camera, take a few minutes to myself, and just go somewhere and shoot. I can't remember the last time I was able to do this, and I was starting to have serious camera withdraw! But that is how I got my photo. The thing that made me happy - Being able to spend a few peaceful minutes doing something I love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful shot and what a wonderful friend you have.