Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My poor baby girl.

I ended up taking Madison to the Dr. today. Now that the weather is getting warmer she has been wearing lighter clothes, and Nick and I noticed she seemed a bit too thin. You can feel her ribs through her outfit. After her bath I let her lay on the towel and play instead of getting her dressed right away. It was scary how skinny she is.

I had an appointment scheduled for her for June (her shots are a month behind, so I just made her 6 month appointment for the next time we could get her shots.) After we started noticing how skinny she is I moved it up to next week, but the more I thought about it the more worried I got. So I called this morning.

Her last appointment was March 23. She weighted 13lbs 4oz and was 24 inches long. She has lost 8oz since then, but she is now 25 1/4 inches.

He put her on Zantac for reflux, I'm supplementing with formula that has rice starch added (Similac Sensitive R.S and Enfimil A.R Lipil.) Also she is getting solids twice a day.

I was planning to start her on solids this month anyway now that she is 6 months, but the formula and the Zantac were big changes.

Hopefully she improves and quickly, I call the Dr. tomorrow to let him know how she is adjusting to everything and she goes back in 1 week.

I'll post updates as I can.

No comments: